Working, Features & Benefits of Bus Tracking System for Schools
Working of a GPS based School Bus Tracking System
- A GPS system in the form of a high end NFC enabled smart phone is installed in the school vehicle
- All the signals from the vehicle are routed to the central server for real time monitoring
- Information from the server is transmitted as notifications via the SchoolMate App
Features of a GPS based School Bus Tracking System:
- The parent is informed of the estimated time of arrival of their child’s bus before it reaches the stop before/after school.
- Parents can track the location of the bus real time.
- The parent is notified when their child boards the bus, reaches school, leaves from school & reaches home
Benefits of GPS Tracking for School Buses:
The most important benefit is the peace of mind it provides parents as they are continuously updated of their child’s whereabouts. School management will have access to detailed reports such as distance moved by each vehicle, time of arrival at each stop etc.